Sunday, March 15, 2009

An Insight into Phoenix ' 09.

This article is being dedicated to my faculty cordinator for Phoenix'09 "The Mystique of branding", Prof.Jayaseelan.

It was a fine a afternoon,when I with my colleagues and Jay sir, were sitting in a brand committee room.We were discussing over a soft issue, to finalize the theme for the Phoenix'09.Before I take you, to the ride of Phoenix'09 let me introduce you Prof.Jay.

Working with him was a great pleasure and pressure as well.....ok now leaving jokes apart,i'll continue.
He made me do everything just to learn,he always told "we need only top advertising companies creative heads and no space for bargain.

At first,I thought "boss apne bass ki baat nahi hai"but believe me his firm belief on me made me believe that "karna hi hoga".His continuous support and can do attitude let me to believe on myself and guess what ? We did it best.
Speakers arrived at Phoenix ' 09 are mentioned below :
  • Sanjay Khare - Creative Director - Euro RSCG.
  • Sai Nagesh - Vice President - Inx Media.
  • Satish Satyanarayana - CEO - Wunderman.
  • Shashikant Kale - Senior Art Director - JWT.
  • Kaushik Mitra - Creative Head - Bates 141.
  • Kartik Mani - National Creative Director - Madison India.

All these above speakers belong to the top notch advertising companies of the world.

He made me learn the ground realities of marketing and the most important thing which I learned from him is game plan....he always said :What's the game plan dude? It sounds good but how would you do it? what is the back up.

Then i learned ,the planning pattern, before entering the market you need to do a lot of home work,its absolutely essential-----to know your own product so that to provide necessary stuff to delight your sponsors or speakers.

I'll not take your much time...


Then on one fine evening, i with Jay sir and two colleagues went to pune it was just three days before the event.He gave us a nice treat at Barista then during the mean time we had a discussion about the game plan and you people won't believe he was so confident that the plan 'll definately work...! I will not discuss the plan but at the end of it for me it was not even satisfactory.

He made me to stand infront of the corporates, he always left me free to go ahead and get results and atlast you people saw the variety of elite speakers who made Phoenix'09 a grand success.

But,its not over yet................

It was not only speakers but actually the integrated efforts of brand committee members and of course the real charm behind the success of Phoenix'09-Prof.Jayaseelan.

I hope, this would give you an insight of working with him.

Believe me its always great......with him learning never ends......................................................

5 comments:

Unknown said...

its really fantastic to have a blog, and a blog like this is really cool and amazing. i truely appriciate this efforts of yours. the contents shared are really something to get knowledge about. also congrats for your successful event and best wishes for further project i.e., your career and life.

Unknown said...

congrats bro.........for successful ur brand..on event day i m not in the college i m went to pune but i m listen others student they told that it was very gud.......all the best for ur future.......

Unknown said...

hi akash,
congrats for success of brand meet,
experience makes a men perfect as everybody knows only bookish knowledge is not perfect,we need to come across live experience,than we understand actual story behind it,so these events give us a real time work place to learn, & u got something its good for u & all of us.these things nurture our skills, so keep it up gud luck always

Anonymous said...

hii akash
your article related to phoenix is fine but its related to an event so i can't say its excellent. its so so. but you always try your level best its good.
swasti

THE ECONOMIST said...

Hi this is ABHISHEK KUMAR GAUTAM being a part of BRAND COMMITTEE i know that how much this article is mean for us......
I also want to share my experience in our committee. Actually i join the committee late but inspite of this the work of PHOENIX 09 was not over but it was in the infant stage that time.

When i saw a pressure on the members then i loose my hope and thought that i was not able to work in this environment under such tremendous pressure.But our co-ordinator is really like our friend and he mentor me on this issue and tell a lot of things.He was really true i learn a lot of things in the committee and learn how to survive in an organization where everyone point you on any issue.My work is not very simple.When i start work i thought i will easily do this but after sometime i realize that its not easy boss. I have to work hard and I put my 100%.
My colleagues help me a lot and always motivate me.JAY sir also motivate me regularly.And always give me proper feedback. I realise that its my event and i have to make it successful anyhow.As we know that conflict is the part of organization , here also many time such issues arises but the way JAY sir dissolves is really appreciable.This also i learn from sir that whatever be the nature of the conflict u have to dissolve it immediately.From Akash also I learn how to market ur product in such situation where the market become stagnant its really a great learning .He always guide me at any point of time.Thanks yaar . Lastly our event become great success and everyone appreciate our work.


Thanks JAY sir u r really inspiration for me and i never forget u.Its really a great learning for me to be a part of BRAND COMMITTEE and be a co-ordinator like you.
THANKS